Frank Catalano is a hands-on strategist for companies applying digital technology in new ways. He is also a well-known tech industry analyst, professional author and speaker.
His consulting and executive work has included a wide variety of startups, as well as Professional Examination Service, Apple, Pearson, McGraw-Hill, MetaMetrics, Corbis, Rick Steves’ Europe Through the Back Door and the Toy Industry Association. He currently is vice president of marketing strategy for West Corporation’s Education group.
He’s also a speaker at HawaiiCon 2017 (September 14-17) on the Big Island for his tech-centric non-fiction & science-fiction writing.
For more background, see the About page.
Frank Catalano’s observations on technology, in education and generally:
- The week in edtech reports My weekly round-up of the latest interesting (and fact-based) education technology reports.
- Awards don’t matter, until you get one It’s not a humble brag when the Society of Professional Journalists hands them out.
- It’s Amazons, all the way down Echo, Dot, Tap, even Books, all reviewed for GeekWire.
- Science fiction and the future The lively GeekWire Summit discussion with a writer, futurist and astronaut, summed up.
- Edtech fads, trends — and extra-credit myths My New Zealand keynote presentation, plus speaking notes & bonus myths.
Advice and insights
Frank Catalano’s analysis and commentary has also appeared:
- in his GeekWire contributions (tech),
- in his LinkedIn posts (marketing & business), and,
- in contributions to the NPR/KQED education site MindShift, the edtech news site EdSurge, and the tech news site TechFlash.
He served on the Advisory Board of SXSWedu from 2012 to 2016 and was on the Advisory Board for the inaugural SXSWV2V.
Frank Catalano has been a frequent public speaker, known for his engaging, witty and thoughtful style. And you can follow @FrankCatalano on Twitter for updates on interesting education and crossover consumer technology.