Frank Catalano is a professional author, keynote speaker, and well-known tech industry analyst. He’s also been a hands-on consulting strategist for companies applying digital technology in new ways.
Frank has been a senior executive for Pearson Education, West Corporation’s Education group (SchoolMessenger solutions), and Professional Examination Service, among others.
Through Frank’s Intrinsic Strategy consultancy, he has done interim executive or project work for MetaMetrics, Apple, McGraw-Hill, Corbis, Rick Steves’ Europe Through the Back Door, the Toy Industry Association, and a wide variety of startups.
Frank Catalano’s latest writing and speaking on technology and other topics includes:
- Traditional publishers’ ebook sales drop as indie authors and Amazon take off (GeekWire)
- How I got caught up in a Presidential barring of ‘media,’ but not the media that now matters (GeekWire)
- For investors, the future of education technology is now the workplace (GeekWire)
- From AR to VR: After games, what’s the next big market for ‘extended reality?’ (GeekWire)
- Inside MoPOP’s world-premiere Marvel exhibit: The human sides of heroes and their creators (GeekWire)
- From Rhapsody to Napster: How this pioneering music service coulda been Spotify — and why it isn’t (GeekWire)
- Can you go paperless on an overseas trip? The Geek’s Guide to International Travel, 2018 Edition (GeekWire)
Advice and insights
- in his GeekWire contributions,
- in his LinkedIn posts, and,
- in contributions to the NPR/KQED education site MindShift, the edtech news site EdSurge, and the tech news site TechFlash.
He currently serves on ACTNext‘s Advisory Board. He also has served on the Advisory Board of SXSWedu from 2012 to 2016 and was on the Advisory Board for the inaugural SXSWV2V.
Frank Catalano has been a frequent public speaker, known for his engaging, witty and thoughtful style. He recently emceed the Software and Information Industry Association edtech CODiE Awards in San Francisco, and spoke on the panel “Surviving Impact.”
You can follow @FrankCatalano on Twitter for updates on interesting education and crossover consumer technology.