Frank Catalano is a veteran education technology industry consultant and executive, professional author and lively speaker. He’s known as a strategic, creative and hands-on advisor.
Through his Intrinsic Strategy consultancy, Frank has done interim executive or project work for organizations such as MetaMetrics, ParentSquare, ACT, Pearson, College Guidance Network and more.
Frank is currently Chief Marketing Officer for ParentSquare, and has been a senior executive for West Corporation’s Education group (SchoolMessenger), ProExam and Pearson, among others.
As a previous long-time, regular contributor to the tech news site GeekWire and the education technology resource site EdSurge, Frank has written about edtech and the digital intersection of media and tech, as well as hosted a podcast series on pop culture, science fiction and the arts.
Frank Catalano’s writing and thoughts on technology and related topics include:
- Attitudes About Homeschooling May Get Unexpected Boost From a Year of Remote Learning (EdSurge)
- How Library Closures Hurt Adult Learners as Kids Doubled Down on Digital Reading (EdSurge)
- Remote Work May Transform Higher Education. But Will Printers and Alexa Undermine Its Privacy? (EdSurge)
Frank is also maintaining a list of education industry or association conferences that have changed plans in 2020 and 2021 due to the pandemic. See the U.S. Calendar of Education Industry Events.
Advice and insights
Frank Catalano is a frequent public speaker with an engaging, witty and thoughtful style. Recent appearances include:
- The conversation with NetSupport Radio‘s Al Kingsley on what trends are driving post-pandemic K-12 education.
- A podcast with EdTech Today about the future of education conferences and trade shows after the pandemic.
- The session at Futuresource Consulting’s Ed Tech Collaborative 2021 on “Exploring Innovation in Content Delivery.”
- An interview on This Week In Canadian EdTech on trends in K-12 and higher education remote learning.
- A discussion with MarketScale’s Voices of E-Learning on how to evaluate reports on education trends.
Frank was a member of ACTNext’s Advisory Board from 2018 to 2020, the Advisory Board of SXSWedu from 2012 to 2016 and the Advisory Board of the inaugural SXSWV2V. He also has served on the KNKX Advisory Council and corporate boards of directors.