Frank Catalano is a veteran edtech industry consultant and executive, professional author, and lively speaker. He’s also a hands-on advisor for companies applying digital technology in new ways.
Through his Intrinsic Strategy consultancy, Frank has done interim executive or project work for companies such as MetaMetrics, ACT, Pearson, EdSurge and more.
Frank has been a senior executive for Pearson Education, West Corporation’s Education group (SchoolMessenger solutions), and Professional Examination Service, among others.
As a previous long-time, regular contributor to the tech news site GeekWire and the education technology resource site EdSurge, Frank has written about edtech and the digital intersection of media and tech, as well as hosted a podcast series on pop culture, science fiction and the arts.
Selections of Frank Catalano’s writing on technology and related topics include:
- Should I stay or should I go? An opinionated guide to changing edtech industry conferences
- World-premiere exhibit explains Minecraft to the most challenging audience: parents
- Analysis: Is higher ed ready for the tech expectations of the teens of 2022?
Advice and insights
Frank Catalano is a frequent public speaker, known for his engaging, witty and thoughtful style. Recent public talks include:
- The closing keynote at the Software and Information Industry Association’s 2019 EdTech Industry Conference in San Francisco.
- The tech products thought leader kickoff at NACS Campus Market Expo (CAMEX) 2019 conference in San Antonio.
- A presentation on teens and tech at CoSN 2019 in Portland.
Frank has served on ACTNext’s Advisory Board, the Advisory Board of SXSWedu from 2012 to 2016, and the Advisory Board for the inaugural SXSWV2V.