Frank Catalano is a veteran education technology industry consultant and executive, professional author and lively speaker. He’s known as a strategic, creative and hands-on advisor.
Through his Intrinsic Strategy consultancy, Frank has done interim executive or project work for organizations such as MetaMetrics, ParentSquare, ACT, Pearson, College Guidance Network and more.
Frank has been a senior executive for Pearson, West Corporation’s Education group (SchoolMessenger) and ProExam, among others.
As a previous long-time, regular contributor to the tech news site GeekWire and the education technology resource site EdSurge, Frank has written about edtech and the digital intersection of media and tech, as well as hosted a podcast series on pop culture, science fiction and the arts.
Frank Catalano’s writing and thoughts on technology and related topics include:
- Who’s Zoomin’ Who? Remote education conference woes and wows (EdSurge)
- Unique, believable and true: Mantras for good marketing (LinkedIn)
- Interview: NYPL’s chief digital officer says public is better off when libraries are ‘risk averse’ about tech (GeekWire)
Frank is also maintaining a list of edtech and education industry or association conferences that have changed plans in 2020 due to the pandemic. See the 2020 U.S. Calendar of Education Industry Events.
Advice and insights
Frank Catalano is a frequent public speaker with an engaging, witty and thoughtful style. Pre-pandemic public talks include:
- The closing keynote at the Software and Information Industry Association’s 2019 EdTech Industry Conference in San Francisco.
- The tech products thought leader kickoff at NACS Campus Market Expo (CAMEX) 2019 conference in San Antonio.
- A presentation on teens and tech at CoSN 2019 in Portland.
Frank was a member of ACTNext’s Advisory Board from 2018 to 2020, the Advisory Board of SXSWedu from 2012 to 2016 and the Advisory Board of the inaugural SXSWV2V. He also has served on the KNKX Advisory Council and corporate boards of directors.