Frank Catalano is a long-time edtech industry consultant and analyst, professional author, and keynote speaker. He’s also a hands-on strategist for companies applying digital technology in new ways.
Frank is a regular contributor to the tech news site GeekWire . He’s written about education technology, the digital intersection of media and tech, and other topics. He also has hosted a special GeekWire podcast series on pop culture, science fiction and the arts.
Through Frank’s Intrinsic Strategy consultancy, he has done interim executive or project work for companies such as MetaMetrics, GreaterGood.com, Peachjar, ACTNext, Pearson, and others.
Frank has been a senior executive for Pearson Education, West Corporation’s Education group (SchoolMessenger solutions), and Professional Examination Service, among others.
Selections of Frank Catalano’s recent GeekWire and other writing on technology and related topics include:
- Returning to journalism, 30 years later: Can the profession’s standards survive its disruption?
- Analysis: Microsoft, Google, Apple — why is Amazon the lagging tech giant in the classroom?
- Interview: NYPL’s chief digital officer says public is better off when libraries are ‘risk averse’ about tech
- From Cinerama and MoPOP to KEXP and Upstream, Paul Allen’s cultural legacy permeates Seattle
- Can you go paperless on an overseas trip? The Geek’s Guide to International Travel, 2018 Edition
Advice and insights
- in his GeekWire Media/Tech columns and popcasts,
- in his LinkedIn posts, and,
- in earlier work for the NPR/KQED education site MindShift, the edtech news site EdSurge, and the tech news site TechFlash.
He currently serves on ACTNext‘s Advisory Board. He also served on the Advisory Board of SXSWedu from 2012 to 2016 and was on the Advisory Board for the inaugural SXSWV2V.
You can follow @FrankCatalano on Twitter for updates on interesting education and crossover consumer technology.