Frank Catalano is a long-time edtech industry consultant and analyst, professional author, and keynote speaker. He’s also a hands-on strategist for companies applying digital technology in new ways.
Frank is a regular contributor to the tech news site GeekWire . He’s written about education technology, the digital intersection of media and tech, and other topics. He also has hosted a special GeekWire podcast series on pop culture, science fiction and the arts.
Through Frank’s Intrinsic Strategy consultancy, he has done interim executive or project work for companies such as MetaMetrics, GreaterGood.com, Peachjar, ACTNext, Pearson, and others.
Frank has been a senior executive for Pearson Education, West Corporation’s Education group (SchoolMessenger solutions), and Professional Examination Service, among others.
Selections of Frank Catalano’s recent GeekWire writing on technology and related topics include:
- How to survive the election: 5 tips for online news consumers from digital media experts
- Behind the scenes at Cinerama: Landmark movie house becomes an international pop culture draw
- How this workshop creates some of the world’s top sci-fi and fantasy writers, inside a Seattle house
- Google, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, and tech’s battle for the hearts and classrooms of teachers
- Can you go paperless on an overseas trip? The Geek’s Guide to International Travel, 2018 Edition
Advice and insights
- in his GeekWire contributions,
- in his LinkedIn posts, and,
- in earlier work for the NPR/KQED education site MindShift, the edtech news site EdSurge, and the tech news site TechFlash.
He currently serves on ACTNext‘s Advisory Board. He also served on the Advisory Board of SXSWedu from 2012 to 2016 and was on the Advisory Board for the inaugural SXSWV2V.
Frank Catalano is a frequent public speaker, known for his engaging, witty and thoughtful style.
You can follow @FrankCatalano on Twitter for updates on interesting education and crossover consumer technology.