In the normal course of a year, you’ll find Frank Catalano attending several technology and education industry conferences — often to speak about trends in tech or edtech, or to provide lively moderation of a PowerPoint-free session, but always to learn.
In addition to being a panelist or moderator at industry gatherings, Frank has keynoted large-group events (such as the National Association of College Stores’ CAMEX and Blackboard Transact’s annual conferences) or small-group events (such as Acer America’s Education Advisory Council) with thoughtful, well-researched and engaging custom talks.
Selected audio and video of some of Frank Catalano’s speaking engagements:
- ParentSquare research release webinar, “New research: The future of school-home communications” (video).
- GeekWire Summit, Seattle, WA: discussion, “Science fiction and the future of technology” (story and audio plus video).
- EdTech for Export, Wellington, New Zealand: closing keynote, “Edtech trends to watch — and fads to avoid” (video plus slides).
- Seattle Public Library: conversation with New York Public Library Chief Digital Officer Tony Ageh, “Innovation, privacy and the public good in the digital age” (story and audio).
- EdNET conference, Baltimore and Denver: closing “Catbird Seat” analyst session, 2012 to 2014 (2014 video).
During the pandemic, Frank Catalano’s (remote) appearances included:
- The session at Futuresource Consulting’s Ed Tech Collaborative 2021 on “Exploring Innovation in Content Delivery.”
- An interview on This Week In Canadian EdTech on trends in K-12 and higher education remote learning.
- A conversation with NetSupport Radio‘s Al Kingsley on what trends are driving post-pandemic K-12 education.
- A podcast with EdTech Today about the future of education conferences and trade shows after the pandemic.
- A discussion with MarketScale’s Voices of E-Learning on how to evaluate reports on education trends.
Frank also emceed the 2021 SIIA EdTech CODiE Awards ceremony.